Office.com/setup | Sign-In to Office Account and Download the setup
Get Started with Office software –
Get the Office software having multiple programs with it and get started with below instructions;
Step 1 – Go to the office.com/setup page.
Step 2 – Login to the Office account.
Step 3 – Enter the product key of Office.
Step 4 – Download, install the app, and get started with the office.
Where is my Microsoft Office Activation Key?
office.com/setup – The activation key of MS Office is 25 alphanumeric characters code. It activates Office product software. You can get the key from the online portal as well as the offline store. To get the license online, purchase a brand-new copy of Office setup with the activation key. Otherwise, purchase from a retailer. You can locate with below steps;
The online copy of the activation key –
- Purchase the key from an online store or directly from the Office store.
- Open email you registered with purchase.
- Open the received mail from the inbox.
- Look for the keycode and copy it.
- Paste at www.office.com/setup and register the software.
Retail card of activation key –
- Purchase the key card from a retailer nearby you.
- Find the key from its backside.
- Scratch the hidden code XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
- Redeem the key at the office.com/setup page.
- Once you redeem the key, download the office product setup.
In case of activation key errors, ensure that you have entered the correct numbers and check whether you are not using the previously used keycode. If you still face issues in redeeming the key, then contact Office support.
Basic System Requirements for Office Product setup – office.com/setup
Take a look at the basic requirements of Office software before you get it from www.office.com/setup site. Also, make sure that your system has no conflicting software to not face any errors during installation. Check below;
Operating system –
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016
- Most recent versions of macOS
Processor and memory –
- Windows OS – 1.6 GHz or faster, 2-core and memory of 4 GB RAM or 2 GB RAM (32-bit)
- macOS – Intel processor and 4 GB RAM.
Hard disk space –
- 4 GB hard disk for Windows OS.
- 10 GB hard disk for macOS with
- 1280 x 768 screen resolution for windows.
- 1280 x 800 screen resolution for Mac.
A good internet connection is required for a hassle-free download of Office product setup.
Steps to Download the Microsoft Office Product – office.com/setup
Make sure that the device is completing the above system requirements. For downloading Office setup, you should have a product key that you can get from an online store or retail store. You should also have an account. I don’t have an Office account, then follow below intrusions to create Office account;
- Go to the office.com/setup site.
- Here, you will reach on the login page where you need to hit the “Create a new account” option.
- Create and outlook mail and enter it. Otherwise, click on the “Get a new email address” tab.
- Hit Next and Create a password.
- Submit details and follow the instructions.
- Once you create an account, validate the account for confirmation.
If you have created the account, then follow below instruction to download Office setup on your computer. Follow instructions;
Step 1 – Connect your computer to a higher internet connection.
Step 2 – Open your browser and paste www.office.com/setup link on the browser.
Step 3 – Enter Office account details to sign in.
Step 4 – From the home page, hit the Install Office option.
Step 5 – Choose the version that you have subscribed to and want to install on your device.
Step 6 – Now, start downloading the office product setup on your computer.
Instructions to Install Office Setup on Windows and Mac – office.com/setup
Complete the download process by following the above steps. Then, you can install the software of the Office program on your Windows and Mac device. Check below steps of Office installation instructions;
Office installation on Windows PC –
Step 1 – On the browser where you visited www.office.com/setup to download the Office software,
- Click RUN in the Internet Explorer or Edge browser.
- Click SETUP in Chrome.
- Click on SAVE FILE in Firefox.
Step 2 – You may see the User Account Control by asking that – Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Hence, click on the YES button.
Step 3 – The downloaded files will automatically start to extract the file setup folder to begin the installation.
Step 4 – Once you see the message – You’re all set! Then, your software is installed.
Step 5 – Close the window and activate the software.
Office installation on Mac PC –
Step 1 – Open the folder that you downloaded from the office.com/setup page.
Step 2 – Double-click on the Office file icon shown as Microsoft Office installer.pkg name.
Step 3 – Next, hit Continue. Then, begin the installation.
Step 4 – Read the user license agreement of software and click CONTINUE.
Step 5 – Hit AGREE to accept the license terms.
Step 6 – Select the installation way and hit CONTINUE.
Step 7 – Click the INSTALL button after checking disk space requirements. If you wish to change the installation location, then browse the location.
Step 8 – Type the Mac login password.
Step 9 – Click on the Install Software tab.
Step 10 – On the complete installation, click the close button.
How to activate Office software after installation?
On the download from www.office.com/setup and installation completion, the activation option appears during the launching program. Hence, pursue the below steps to activate the installed office software;
Office Activation on Windows PC –
Step 1 – From the lower-left corner of your screen, go to the Start menu to open the Office product.
Step 2 – Type any office product name like Word. Then, open the product.
Step 3 – Tap on the app icon and open it from the Start screen.
Step 4 – Agree to the license agreement once you open the Office app.
Step 5 – Now, the office is activated and you can use it.
Office Activation on Mac PC –
Step 1 – Display all the Office apps from the dock by clicking on the Launchpad icon.
Step 2 – On the top menu Finder option is available. Hence, click on it.
Step 3 – Then, click on the Applications tab.
Step 4 – Click on the Microsoft Word icon. Otherwise, select any app.
Step 5 – Hit the Get started tab.
Step 6 – Click on the Sign In tab and enter the login details. Then, activate the software.
Renew Office Expired Subscription
After you install the office setup from the office.com/setup page, it starts working for you. But every office product has an expiry date which you can check on your software as well as online product purchased notification. If your Office subscription has expired, then you can renew the key from the store where you bought it. Here are two methods to renew Office subscription using online purchase;
Method 1 – Online renewal
Step 1 – Visit office.com/renew.
Step 2 – Select the subscription.
Step 3 – Click on either RENEW NOW or RENEW WITH A MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION option.
Step 4 – Review the shopping cart and checkout the subscription.
Step 5 – Now, sign in with the MS account bad click on Renew subscription.
Step 6 – Select the MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION option and go to the next page to complete the process.
Otherwise, you can follow another method to renew Office subscription;
Method 2 – Offline Renewal
Step 1 – Go to the store where you purchased the previous retail card.
Step 2 – Open the card and look for 25-character product key in the format of XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Step 3 – Then, go to www.office.com/setup page.
Step 4 – Login with the Office account and enter the key.
Step 5 – Choose your region and follow steps to renewal.
How to Update the password of Microsoft 365 stored in Outlook?
Installing the Microsoft 365 from office.com/setup requires login to your Office account on windows as well as on Mac. Sometimes, users may feel to change the password due to insecurity with the previous password, or you get any reset link or user don’t remember the password. Follow the below steps to update the password of MS 365 that is stored in outlook;
For Windows –
- Open Outlook and select the file and go to Account settings.
- Click on Update Password and enter the app password and update it by clicking OK.
For semiannual updates or Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010, follow the below steps;
- Open Outlook, select File, and go to Account Settings.
- Choose the email and click Change.
- Click Close once Outlook tests your account settings.
- Hit the Finish button and close the window.
For Mac –
To change the password in installed Office from www.office.com/setup on Mac device, follow below instructions;
- From the Tools tab, click on the Accounts option.
- Choose the account in the left pane that the password you want to update for.
- Now, enter the new password in the Password box from the right pane.
- Next, close the Accounts window after updating the password. Your password will be saved automatically in outlook.
If you forget the password of Office mail during the login at office.com/setup site, then click on Forget Password tab. Then you will get a reset password message on your mail. Here, go to the reset link and change your password. Then you can successfully login to the Office account.
Update the Installed Office – office.com/setup
One can get the latest version of Office products (in the bundle or separate) from the office.com/setup webpage if the user has purchased the subscription. One can update the downloaded and installed office product software by pursuing below instructions for different versions;
If you have Office 2010 –
- On your device, open the app of Office 2010. You can open MS word 2010.
- Next, Create a document.
- Click on the File tab and go to HELP.
- Now, hit the CHECK FOR UPDATES button.
- Choose – INSTALL UPDATES option or CHECK FOR UPDATES.
- It will start installing updates.
- If you don’t see the above options on the screen, then follow additional steps showing in the windows.
If you have Office 2013 –
- Open any of the Office 2013 apps on your computer such as the Word.
- Create a document and go to the File option.
- Go to ACCOUNT.
- Then, select Update Options, displayed under the Product Information tab.
- Click Enable Updates.
- Choose the tab – Update Now.
- If the screen is showing You’re up to date message, then close the window.
If you have newer version –
- On your computer, open any of the Office products.
- You can open Word and create a new blank document.
- Next, click on the File tab.
- Then, go to the ACCOUNT tab.
- Open the office account if you are logged in. Otherwise, log in to the account.
- Select the Update options tab shown under the Product Information tab.
- Click on the UPDATE NOW tab.
- If you can see You’re up to date!” message, then close the window.