The question is, “What does a server name look like?” Well, if you are a first-timer and your site is hosted on a shared server, you will see something like this: yourdomain.com/~username. If you have a VPS or a dedicated server, you will see something like this: yourdomain.com/~username.
server.com. Your server name will always be preceded by a tilde (~).
A server name is a unique identifier for a computer running one or more network services. The first part of the server’s name usually has to do with the service it provides, and the second part is often an abbreviation of its physical location. For example, “mail-server” might refer to a mail server that is located in New York City.
1. A server name is typically a word or phrase that identifies the computer’s function
2. Server names are often short, simple words to make it easy for people to remember them
3. The term “server” refers to the machine itself – not what it does
4. There are many different types of servers in use today, including web servers and database servers
5. Server names can be anything from funny phrases like “My Little Pony” or “Gandalf,” to descriptive terms like “Sales Database.”
6. If you’re looking for an example of a server name, try using words such as Mailbox, Webmail, File Storage.
If you are having trouble locating your server address, please contact your hosting provider for assistance.